Arunima is a project of the Gateway Trust which is registered as a Trust under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 vide Ref: BNG (U)-VRT 146/IV/2009-2010 in Bangalore, Karnataka, INDIA.
Vision: To enable Persons with Autism to live a fulfilling life with dignity and the highest degree of independence possible.
1. Create awareness about differently abled individuals in order for them to be accepted by the society they are part of.
2. To provide families of people with Autism with a support system.
3. To identify and support persons with autism who belong to the weaker economic section of society, and subsequently provide them with accommodation within the homes set up by ARUNIMA.
4. To establish a program that provides vocational training for those who are able.
5. To establish a program that enables persons with Autism to communicate and interact in the most effective manner possible.
6. To provide opportunities for persons with Autism to develop any innate abilities they have.
7. To provide opportunities for people with Autism to interact with the rest of the community.
8. To advocate for job opportunities in the community for those adults with Autism who are able.
9. To create a forum for typical as well as differently abled individuals to interact regularly.